Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Encourage Yourself

One of the great things about Christianity is God not only created and delivered us, but He also gave us power and authority in the world.  I have only recently come to truly understand this concept, but it has already been a great comfort and encouragement to me.  I used to worry about what I would say if God called me to evangelize or how I would react when (I use when instead of if because the bible says we will all have our crosses to bear) I had to suffer for His name's sake.  I thought that I did not love Jesus enough because of my fears and uncertainties.  But I found out that the issue was not a lack of love but a lack of knowledge.  As Christians it is our duty to learn and understand the promises and the power that God has given us. This understanding releases us from the bondage of fear and empowers us to walk in the spirit and manifest our destiny.

The book Prayers that Avail Much has a section entitled  Personal Confessions, which is basically a list of biblically based prayers that I use as encouragement and reminders of my divine inheritance through Christ Jesus.  Here are a few that I especially like:

I am the Body of Christ.  I am redeemed from the curse, because Jesus bore my sicknesses and carried my diseases in His own body.  By His stripes I am healed.  I forbid any sickness or disease to operate in my own body.  Every organ, every tissue of my body functions in the perfection in which God created it to function.  I honor God and bring glory to Him in my body (Gal. 3:13; Matt. 8:17; 1 Pet. 2:24; 1 Cor. 6:20).

I fear not, for God has given me a spirit of power, of love, and of a sound mind. God is on my side (2 Tim. 1:7; Rom. 8:31).

Jesus has been made unto me wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption.  I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me (1 Cor. 1:30; Phil. 4:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment