Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Challenge of the Day: Go to church

So before you ask, yes I realize today is not Sunday, but the challenge still stands, go to church.  Most churches I know have something going on on Wednesdays, whether it's bible study or fellowship.  If yours doesn't, I'm sure there's one close by that does.  If not, just go sit in the parking lot and pray.  I challenge you to do this because I know how uncomfortable we have gotten with the church lately.  It has become a ritual or an obligation and most people can't even force themselves to go on Sundays.  So let's break up the monotony a little bit and go on Wednesday.  It's usually a smaller group so maybe you won't feel so intimidated and there's usually not as much praise and worship so it may be easier for you to learn.

For my seasoned Sunday saints think of Wednesday as another chance to re-energize and sharpen your weapons for warfare.  Hebrews 10:24-25 says, "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching (NIV)".  Let's not be the "some" that the writer mentions in these verses.  We need each other, and we will need each other more and more as the day of Christ's return draws nearer.

I encourage you all, Do Not Be Intimidated.  I don't care if you don't know one bible verse, if you're still entangled in the sins of the world, or if you're not even sure if this God exists; you have just as much right as anyone else to be there, just go. 

As always, I love you and I hope many blessings find you today.
Kalonda

No comments:

Post a Comment