Search This Blog

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Challenge of the Day: Identify Satan's Lies

Now we blame the devil for a lot of things.  For example: speeding tickets, bad grades, lost jobs.  But the truth of the matter is if you drive too fast, refuse to study, and come in late, you are the culprit to blame.  Satan is more cunning, he's sly.  Rarely does he come into a situation with guns blazing.  He'd much rather feed us lies and watch us destroy ourselves.  But remember just because He's a liar, doesn't mean he's stupid.  He knows that most of us make all of our choices on what we think and how we feel, which makes it easy for him to attack us in those areas.  Our only weapon is to line our thoughts up with the Word of God because such truth is not feeling dependent. 

Personal Example:  When I first decided to run after God I would get frustrated almost daily at the fact that I couldn't hear from Him.  I had decisions to make and I prayed as hard as I could that He would speak to me and show me the right path.  When I didn't get the response I was looking for my frustration increased and Satan started to prey on that weakness.  Again I warn you that Satan is smart and he will even use the bible against you (Matthew 4).  So Satan told me that if I was really a child of God, I would be able to hear God's voice (John 10:4).  In my frustrated state, His words started to make sense.  I almost gave up.  But thankfully God's Spirit had already started working in me.  He reminded me that He is not willing that any should perish (Matthew 18:14), whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13), and there is no favoritism with God (Romans 2:11).  When I became grounded in God's Word, my eyes were opened and I realized He was speaking to me all the time.  The situation itself was giving me direction, along with church sermons, bible verses, and my future husband. 

Warning:  God does speak through people and situations but you have to use discernment because not everything is from Him.

Common lies from Satan and bible verses to combat them

1.  You're ugly, stupid, worthless-- I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14)
2.  You will never change-- Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:  The old is gone, the new is here!  (2 Corinthians 5:17)
3.  You will always be a failure--"I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future... (Jeremiah 29:11)"
4.  A fetus is not a baby until the heart beats-- Your (God's) eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be (Psalm 139:16)
5.  God will never forgive you-- Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1)
6.  Your situation is impossible--With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. (Matthew 19:26)
7.  You are too bad to be a child of God--Do not call anything impure that God has made clean (Acts 10:15)
8.  You can't change--I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13)
9.  God doesn't care about your pain--The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit (Psalm 34:18)
10.  Your problem is too small for prayer--Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God (Philippians 4:6)

Take the time out today and identify the lies Satan has been feeding you and then find the bible verses to contradict them.  Feel free to add your insights to the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment