Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Challenge of the day: See yourself through God's eyes (12/21/10)

You know what I love must about my husband?  He knows everything about me and loves me anyway.  He is not surprised by my mood swings and He couldn't care less about my extra five pounds.  For some strange reason he thinks I am the best woman in the world.  So sometimes when I'm feeling a little down, I just go back to him and let him tell me how wonderful I am :)  In other words, I take a look at myself through his eyes. 

Well we can do the same thing with God.  Many times we are our own biggest critic.  But we need to remind ourselves that God doesn't see us as failures, misfits, or heathens.  When we give our lives to Christ, there is no longer any condemnation by God.  He sees us as He created us to be.  When we want to see ourselves through God's eyes we always go back to His holy Word.  Psalm 139 says,

You have looked deep into my heart, Lord and you know all about me.  You know when I am resting or when I am working, and from heaven you discover my thoughts.  You notice everything I do and everywhere I go.  Before I even speak a word, you know what I will say, and with your powerful arm you protect me from every side...You are the one who put me together inside my mother's body, and I praise you because of the wonderful way you created me.  Everything you do is marvelous!  Of this I have no doubt.  Nothing about me is hidden from you!  I was secretly woven together deep in the earth below, but with your own eyes you saw my body being formed.  Even before I was born, you had written in your book everything I would do.                                                                       
                                                                             Psalm 139:1-5,13-16 (Contemporary English Version)

These verses remind us that God knows all about us.  He is not surprised by anything in our lives, yet He loves us just the same.  Remember, the bible was fully inspired by God.  So when the Word says that we are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14 NKJV); these are God's actual, personal thoughts toward us.    

No comments:

Post a Comment