Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Miracles

Have any of you ever believed God for a miracle?  I mean really believed.  The fact that we are alive today is a miracle in itself, but it's one we often take for granted.  I have decided that I am going to start believing in God for miracles in my life and in the lives of those around me.  Not because I deserve them, but because He is gracious.  I know that God doesn't have to prove anything to me.  The bible says that He holds all of creation together with the power of His Word (Col. 1:17, Heb. 1:3) and I believe that.  I also know that the bible says, "Do not test the Lord thy God," and I am by no means trying to do that.  I think this is more a test of myself.  Do I really believe that God is who He says He is?  Because His word says, "I (God) know the thoughts I have for you...plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future(Jer. 29:11)," and "The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avail much (James 5:16)."  So if I'm living right and trusting God, why shouldn't I expect miracles in my life?

I think many times we get in the way of our own miracles.  I think the biggest problem is we try to anticipate God's will for our lives.  It's just like many other relationships in our lives, we want to go in whole-heartedly but instead we find ourselves withdrawn, trying to guard against the heartbreak.  I know we have all been disillusioned by relationships in this world, but God is not of this world.  We should not go into our relationships with God afraid that He's going to hurt our feelings.  That is not to say that He will never tell you no or tell you something that you do not want to hear.  But the bible says that He corrects those He loves (Heb. 12:5-6).  We have to remember that everything from God is for our good (Rom. 8:28, James 1:17).  He does not punish us, but He tests us to bring us into our full potential in Christ (James 1:2-4).  So we should not be afraid to believe in God for a miracle because it might not happen.  We should put our full faith in God, that if it is for our good, it will happen and if not, then our Father knows best. 

Personally, I've decided to give it a try.  I'm throwing doubt and caution out the window, and diving full force into God's miraculous plan for my life.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Please feel free to share blessings and miracles that God has done for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment