Search This Blog

Saturday, November 13, 2010

New Study coming: Worship!

Good morning, good morning, good morning!  I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far.  There's been something kind of bothering me lately so I decided to share it with my meditating family :-)  Lately I've been hearing a lot of different complaints about how others worship.  If you could go through the thoughts of a church body during praise and worship it would probably sound something like this:

Why is she standing
Why is she sitting
Why is he crying
Why is he dancing
Why are her eyes closed
Why are her hands raised
Why is he hollering
Why is he quiet
She doesn't care at all
She is just being emotional

And the complaints go on and on and on.  Personally, I ask why do you care?  If everybody focused on worshipping God themselves, then it wouldn't matter what the other person was doing.  I do understand how for exuberant worshippers, some churches can be stifling, and for reflective worshippers, some churches can be distracting; but that is why it is so important to let God lead you to the right church for you. 

But like I said those are just my personal thoughts.  To really get to the bottom of the issue, we have to see what the bible says.  So I've decided to do a study on worship.  Does it have a look or a feel or does it change with the individual?  We will see what the Word of God has to say on the matter.  So keep your eyes open!  My findings will be coming soon.  And as always, feel free to share your knowledge and experiences as well.

Kalonda

No comments:

Post a Comment