Search This Blog

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Roadblock

Good morning family!  I pray you started this day with high spirits.  I encourage you all to be bold in the Lord today.  My husband and I were talking last night and we came to the agreement that one of the biggest problems Christians have witnessing is lukewarm Christians getting in the way.  I am not trying to talk down to anyone, I used to be just as lukewarm as they come.  I'm just trying to help people not to make the same mistakes I did.  In Revelation 3:15 God says, "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot.  I could wish you were cold or hot.  So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth."  Wow.  That is a strong statement from our God.  Why do lukewarm Christians disgust Him so much?  I think my husband put it best last night when he said, "Well if you're cold, you're able to be saved, if you're hot, you can help save somebody, but if you're warm, you're just in the way!"  This is so true.  On numerous occassions, I've heard non-believers say they didn't believe in Christianity because they had never met a true Christian.  This is a sobering thought.  There are an estimated 2.1 billion Christians in the world, but how many of us have actually submitted to the God we claim can change, transform, and deliver? And out of those who have submitted, how many of us have actually let our light shine in the world around us?  We are called to be salt and light in the earth, but many of us are afraid of what everyone else will think.  Well I'm going to help you today.  They're not going to like it.  There.  It's out.  The world hated Jesus and He was perfect!  Quit trying to make the world happy.  It's not going to work.  But it doesn't matter, the only approval we seek is Jesus'. Ok, now that we know what to expect, let's be the salt and light we've been called to be.  I love you, and I tell you all of this out of my love for you and my extreme desire to see the Kingdom of God strengthened here on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment