Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pray for the Persecuted Church

November 14th is the International Day of Prayer for the persecuted church.  Many times we get so caught up in our own lives and maybe even our own ministries that we forget about other members of God's church.  The church is not a building, it is a body of believers and we are all connected to one another as brothers and sisters of Christ.  Christ loves and prays for the church and it is our duty as Christians to do the same.  I hope you will all join me in praying for the persecuted church on November 14.  According to The Voice of the Martyrs (http://www.persecution.com/), where I got this information, the people being persecuted are not asking that you pray for an end to the persecution, but only that they be strengthened during the trial.  Wow.  What would the world look like if we all had faith like that?

I truly believe in the power of prayer and I hope you will join me on November 14.  We don't know when we may be the ones in need of praying saints.  Also, if you feel led, I will be fasting that week from noon Sunday, November 7th to noon Sunday, November 14th to seek God and prepare my heart for the prayer.  If you have never fasted before and wish to participate, please do a little research on it first.  I will try to post some information on fasting as well.

Love you guys and as always I hope your day and your week are blessed, blessed, blessed :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment